We went to see a special showing of the Tetris movie. The seating was weird, they had allocated tickets in clumps all around the theatre. One family decided they wanted to sit closer to the screen, and as they sat down in the centre, filling the seating row entirely, it all went wrong. There was a blinding light from the floor below the line of seats. Elderly popcorn, splashes of drinks and old Malteser packets were briefly illuminated before being consumed by the light. Soon the seats were invisible against the blast brighter than the sun, and we looked away as people started screaming. When the glow faded, the next row up was where the centre row used to be, there was a new row of seats at the very top, and the adverts were still playing. We had scored 40 points.
May 18, 2016